The University of Richmond's bike share program was launched in 2009, in an effort to provide an alternative green form of transportation, lessen on-campus traffic, and minimize our carbon footprint. Students, faculty, and staff can use the University's beach cruisers to travel from various campus locations. Riding is free, and you can pick up and leave the bikes at racks placed throughout campus.
The Campus Loop will be suspended for the summer beginning Sunday, May 5th and will resume Sunday, August 25th.
During the fall and spring semesters the Campus Loop provides a nightly, continuous route through campus. Service runs seven days a week, beginning at 8 p.m., and ending at 1:30 a.m. on Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays; at 2:30 a.m. on Wednesdays and Thursdays; and 3:30 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. A second bus operates on Friday and Saturday nights. All buses are wheelchair accessible.
To ensure the safety of the passengers and the driver, cameras are installed on each bus. These cameras use infrared technology to capture images just as common video cameras do during the day. Please respect the rules of conduct, as your actions are being recorded while you are on the Campus Loop bus.
The Campus Loop stops at the following campus locations:
- UR Drive traffic circle at the 900 block
- UR Drive at the Special Programs Building
- Crenshaw Way and parking lot W40 by the emergency phone
- Crenshaw Way at parking lot W37
- Keller Road at the entrance to Keller Hall
- Keller Road stop sign at Westhampton Way
- Gray Court/North Court triangle
- South Court at parking lot W35 stairs
- Parking lot B6 at Moore Hall
- Weinstein Center for Recreation & Wellness
- Entrance to the Robins Center at the emergency phone
- Richmond Way at the Carole Weinstein International Center
- Richmond Way at Whitehurst
- Tyler Haynes Commons
- Gateway Road at Business School
Did you know that in its first semester of expanded service the Campus Loop provided more than 4,000 rides, making it our most popular shuttle? Thanks for your support!